11 May 2007

and it begins.

yesterday afternoon i got the news. we have a daughter in guatemala. i had not anticipated feeling what i feel when i received this news. i honestly expected to feel nothing really. don't get me wrong, i did expect to be excited, but i didn't expect to feel attached already. we've been through so much already - trying to start a family - that ever since we started this adoption process last year i've told myself 'i'll believe it when i see it.' well, now i've seen her and I WANT HER NOW! i'll be the first to tell you i am one of the most impatient people EVER . . . but i think i've been pretty damn patient about this entire thing. when we were going through all our infertility treatments i became an obsessive blog reader (lurker) on all the infertility blogs. then, when we started the guatamalan adoption i became an obsessive blog reader (lurker) on all the guatemalan adoption blogs. i think i chose to obsess over what's going on in their cases rather than what was (or wasn't) going on in our case. so, today (apparently) is my day of de-lurking on some of those blogs. it is so amazing to read about the experiences they have had thus far and i'm sure their stories will continue to be the source of my sanity over the coming months of WAITING.

3 comments:

Michelle Smiles said...

Let me be your first official comment and welcome you to the insane world of Guatemalan adoptions! It's a crazy ride but the end result is worth every tear and anxiety-inducing moment.

LouLou said...

Nat,
Welcome to the blogging world. I find so much support from my fellow blogging mommies. I agree with Michelle...it is a very crazy ride, but is is so worth it! Now, show us pics!

Lou
waitingforannepearce.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

I'm pretty new at the blogging thing. I started a blog after receiving my referral six weeks ago. I've already received lots of support and feel bonded to all these people I know just through blogs. Welcome!