02 March 2008

Stella's Room


i know i know . . . finally you say! i have had many requests to see the finished product. i still have a few very minor things to do. just some artwork for a few very bare walls. i'm hoping to maybe find something in guatemala . . . so i wanted to keep my options open!


this is her bedding. i got just a generic green with white micro dots fitted sheet from target. i ordered the fabric online and my mother-in-law made the quilt and bumber. it's pretty much perfect.












these are the 'poofs' that hang around her light fixture. i made all of them and they are kindof a pain in the you know what to make :) but they definately make a statement in her room!









don't think i've ever mentioned this before, but stella is named after my great-grandmother. i am a big fan of using old family names (as long as they are appealing). this rocking chair was my great-grandmother's. we also have an old iron bedframe that was her's for stella to use when she moves to a big girl bed. i absolutely love that we have 2 significant things that are tied to the person stella is named after. it warms my heart.









this is kindof a dull picture. i bought a fabulous chair for stella's room at a flea market, but we decided to leave this couch in there because it has a fold out bed. we figure we will be having LOTS more company now and might need the extra bed. my best friend jill got stella the blanket draped across the back. it has orange butterflies stitched to it in felt. we found the little bent fiberglass chair at a flea market.








at the very right you can see a little table. my mother-in-law found it at an estate sale. i refinished it and replaced the knobs. they are green flowers. and of course the famous crib that michael made. it is absolutely PERFECT. the head and bottom are veneered in bamboo and the other 3 sides are painted white to match the rest of her furniture. it also converts to a toddler bed. yes, my husband is amazing. he cooks too!!! why yes, you should be jealous.

















another photo of the crib. the artwork on the wall inspired the colors of the room. michael got me these several years ago for my birthday and i had saved them for this exact purpose.








lastly . . . the dressers in her room are totally not exciting, but they will last for a bit. the lamp on the dresser was my very first purchase for her room (after the artwork of course). i knew i wanted orange to be an accent color and knew i HAD to have that lamp when i found it.
i completely love everything about her room. i think it is my favorite room in the house. that could possibly be because it is the only one that is completely FINISHED. but that is another story for another day! hope you enjoy the photos. next time you see any miss stella will be the focus. which is EXACTLY how it should be.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

So cute! I LOVE it! I love the bedding, the poofs, the artwork, the colors. Great job! Your husband did an amazing job on the crib! Shiloh's room is my favorite in the house as well, but like you, I think it is because it is the only one that is truely finished. I ought to do something about that.

Anonymous said...

I was on the blog expecting to find pink slips and found this picture perfect room instead. I am so jealous that your husband cooks and can make ANYTHING. I would be more jelous if Stella had the bookcase I have been wanting oh so badly hee.hee.....
I LOVE the crib- i have been dying to see it. The fabrics and deco look so amazing. You are stunning!! Can't wait to see the pics of the baby you put in there.
love chi

The Mohrmanns said...

You are AWESOME! Your daughter has THE BEST room EVER! I am jealous....I want you to come decorate my house all cute and make it all look like it goes together. I am officially stalking you....I guess if I tell you I am doing it, it's technically not stalking, right?!?! Can't wait to hear about this PINK business and some travel plans....
Your STL Stalker,
Kara

Melissa said...

Fantastic room! I can see why it is your favorite. And yes, it will be even better when Stella is in it!

Anonymous said...

You know I'm a big fan of the poofs! jilli

Courtney said...

love love love the room. great job on the crib. courtney