16 May 2007

Today.

Well, today my agency will receive our acceptance docs in the mail. Today, everything officially begins. Our actual journey to bring Stella home. It seems so sureal. She feels so much like ours, to Michael and to myself, yet we've never seen her in person . . . we've never held her . . . we've never seen her smile . . . we don't know who holds her when she cries. I want to be that person. I need to be that person. I am her mom. I'm struggling today to adjust to all this recent news. I think I was almost in shock before. Today, everything is starting to sink in. We have a daughter. I am a mom. How wierd!!! We have SO much to do to get ready still! I've already painted her room and we have her dressers, but that's it as far as room prep goes. My mom & I did go shopping for a few summer clothes for next year. We still need a crib, which Michael is making, and we still need to decorate her room. I have 2 friends from SC coming in June to give me a shower at my mom's house! I am SO SO SO excited! I am SO lucky to have friends who love me enough to fly all the way out here for this : the ones giving the shower and the ones making the trip to attend. They all mean more to me than they will ever know. They have each played their own part in helping me through the past 3 years of infertility. I know they are all lifelong friends and can't wait to meet Stella!

No comments: